Monday, January 23, 2006

Using Children...

Over the weekend, I was visiting my partner's brothers house. They were talking about heading down for the anti-Roe V. Wade rallies today. The children attend a Catholic school. The children are being let out of school to attend a mass and then go down and protest. All of the kids said how they were happy that they were getting out school. They were not talking about the issue or how they felt about it. When I asked the parents spoke for the kids.

I have a real problem with this. I dont think any cause should use children. They are not voters. They cannot express their opinion. They are expected to follow what their parents want and do. While I understand that they attend a private school, the school and the school system is using the children for a political end. I find that distasteful.

Once a person is 18, they should participate in the political system. Before then, they should be allowed to learn and hear all sides of an issue. Certainly, parents will influence their children I know mine did me. As will religion and other factors.

If you are going to protest or state an opinion, make sure you make your own not somebody elses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home