Thursday, November 11, 2004

Voting Recap

Well, it has been over a week and I keep forgetting to post here.

I really enjoyed working election day. It was great to help people vote. I worked with a great team at the polling precinct. It was funny the hardest thing I had to do was to get people to turn off cell phones and blackberrys. We also had to tell people to take off buttons and other political items. I was amazed at how busy we were. We did not have a let up till around 1:30pm. The precinct I worked at had 83% voter turnout for the precinct. That is not including absentee ballots that had been recieved and logged prior to election day.

In regards to the results, I have to commend the Bush campaign staff. They judged what would motivate the electorate better than the Democrats did. I dont agree with the tactics, because as a student of history they strike me too close to those used by Goebbels and others of that ilk. I think it is poor way to get votes.

We shall see what happens in the next 4 years. I hope for the best, but realistically I have fear that we will not have a good future. My biggest hope is that those that I care about stay safe during that time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home