Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Spring TV Season

Well, the spring TV season is starting off. Here are some of the shows that I will be following.

MI-5 on A&E: This is really cool BBC series called Spooks that has been brought over. One of the things that I love is that the series really shows up the differences in our legal and political structures. This returns on Sunday, with a lead off marathon showing the first season. If you like spy dramas, I really recommend this.

Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis on SciFi: Starting at the end of the month, the 2nd half of both seasons should be interesting. I am particularly fascinated by the announcement that Ben Browder will be joining SG-1 for its 9th season. I am assuming that they will lead up to his character being introduced maybe as the 4th for the SG1 team. Atlantis hasnt done all that much for me, so I hope they are going to kick the show into high gear(and maybe get over repeating some of the tired character elements from the first half).

Battlestar Galactica on SciFi: While originally I wasnt interested in this series, speaking with a co-worker of mine has made me curious. Evidently they have incorporated quite a bit of religion into the series. I respect this persons opinion quite a bit, so I will be looking to see what they bring from the European version to the American.

Carnivale on HBO: The first season left more questions than it wrapped, but I am a sucker for supernatural storylines. I am very curious to see where it goes. I like the main character and also the carnival director.

Queer As Folk on Showtime: Not starting till around May, this show is cutting it close to the be in the spring mix. While I enjoy the series, I think they need to consider wrapping it up. They have taken the characters alot of places and I would like to see them wrap it on a positive note. Not every gay storyline has to end in heartbreak; death or ostracism.

Iron Chef America on Food Network: With Alton Brown doing the commentary, I think this will be a very good successor to the original series. My only problem is getting any firm information about when the new shows start. Food Network does a terrible job of communicating this.


That is some of the shows. I will keep up both West Wing and Las Vegas as well. Since a friend lent me their old Replay, I have been watching more TV than I ever thought I would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home