Thursday, April 20, 2006

Some Articles to look at...

I have seen some news and other articles that I wanted to post out and pass on for others to look at.

Carl Bernstein has written a really interesting commentary for Vanity Fair. It is well worth a read. It is long, but it is one of the best arguments that I have seen for a real investigation into what has been going on with the Bush Administration.

In other news, Congress seems to be rolling back Civil Rights. They are considering revising the Higher Education Act to allow discrimination on religious and moral grounds. Now, dont get me wrong they have the right to limit who they want, but they cant take government money if they should have to allow all. They dont take a dime from the government for anything they can do as they wish. I dont think that the government should change to allow them to take money and discriminate.

Virginia continues to ratchet up the discrimination as well. There is no reason to put discrimination into the Virginia Bill of Rights, which is where this amendment would go. Even the governor feels that it would jepordize contracts between members of the same sex, no matter who they are.

Finally, in the well I knew that catagory. Time has announced that Jamaica is the worst place on earth to be gay. This is not new for any part of the Carribbean. I hate to say it but the best thing that gays can do is vote with their wallets here.

Anyway that is my round up.
NOTE: I edited this to take out some venom that I put in this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home