Thursday, September 02, 2004

Movies for the Fall and Winter

Well, there are more movies that interest me coming out over the next few months. In no particular order...

The Final Cut - With Robin Williams and James Caviezel, this film if it is as good as the previews look will enter into one of my all time favorite scifi films. The premise that people carry a chip that records their lives and then have someone take that chip and put forward their life in a good light. The person sees all the sins of that person, but edits them into a highlight reel. What happens when people dont want a life to be reviewed.

Blade: Trinity - I loved the first 2 movies for their darkness and the action. I hope this will be same. Every film doesnt have to be cinema verite, but it should be consistent to itself which the Blade films have been.

Alexander - What can I say I love epic films.

Sky Captain - I like Jude Law and this looks like a great 30's style film. The Saturday movie serials come to life.

Oceans Twelve - One of the few remakes I liked Oceans Eleven showed that you can still do ensemble casting. I hope this continues that trend. No one will deny that Clooney and Pitt are the stars, but you still showcase some good secondary talent.

A Sound of Thunder - Supposedly based on one of my favorite time travel stories by Bradbury, this fill may or may not live up to that. I know that they are making changes from the story to accomplish an action film, but hopefully they will maintain the dilemma that is core to the story. Too many time travel flicks, do it lightly.

Resident Evil - The first movie was not as bad as it could have been and actually had some characters that I liked.

Christmas With the Kranks - Tim Allen is the reason to see this movie. I generally find him to be atleast moderately funny and I like Christmas spoof movies.

The Incredibles - I like the premise of this animated film.

We shall see how many I actually get to.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home