Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Voting...

Well, I have decided to volunteer time on both election day as an officer of election and also to help register folks to vote.  I strongly believe that the greatest crime and negligence in America today is that fact that people dont get out and vote. 

I know there are a ton of excuses why not, but none are better than the reason that you should.  That reason is: Because you can.    In a world where most people dont get to vote, it is a crime to throw away all the blood, sweat and tears that got us the ability to vote. 

Out of a whole year, we spend less than one day voting if you include looking at the issues and being at least marginally informed.  If you dont want to vote for, vote against.  You will never find the perfect candidate, they dont exist. 

Anything other excuse is a cop out in my opinion.   I know this is harsh, but it doesnt take that long.  I used to be more understanding, but when less than 30% of the electorate votes then it is time to change my opinion.  Just a fact, there are over 500,000 inactive voters on Virginia's election rolls as of July of this year.  That number can change an election. 

Below are some voter registration links

Fairfax County, Virginia

League of Women Voters

Choose or Lose

Virginia Board of Elections


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home