Thursday, July 01, 2004

Wed = Movie Day

Wow! A double header for movies yesterday.

In the morning, I saw Spiderman2 with the company and I have to say it ROCKED! It was so bang on that I still cant stop gushing over it. From the Alex Ross intro paintings to the credits at the end, that has to be one if not the best comic movie ever made. They had screen shots that emulated old covers. They showed off some more of Spidey's other villains in their pre-villain stage. There were some extremely cool cameos. You must see this movie! You must see this movie! SIDE NOTE: Something that I think is extremely cool about the company I work for is that they do these movie outings. Something I think that I would have always wanted to do if I had the money.

Later that evening, I decided to see Troy on the spur of the moment. I liked it as well, but for different reasons. I thought Brad Pitt made a great Achilles. I like the way that they handled that legendary character. He was the epitome of the perfect warrior and they made that evident without beating it to death. I do think they should have made the gods more of a force, but then you run the risk of being Clash of the Titans. It is an epic scale movie and I am glad I saw it on the big screen.

It was a good day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home