Monday, February 20, 2006

Hershey Bears

Well, I went up with some friends to see a Hershey Bears game. It was great to see 2 long missed friends and their spawn. She has grown so much. I had a fantastic time and would love to do it again.

After watching the game, we hung around for the special jersey auction. It was nice to see the players come out sign the jerseys that they had worn during the game. The proceeds from the auction were to benefit the teams charity.

One of the things that I loved about the game was the heart that the players showed. So often when I have watched NHL games, the players and others seem to be phoning it in. I watched these AHL players sign autographs and get their pics taken with fans. When they were announcing the top players of the game, they came out and handed out hockey sticks to kids that were autographed by them. They seemed to care about the fans and were there to play the game because they loved it. All these things are missing from what I have seen of the NHL players.

The NHL only seems to be in it for the money. I am sure the AHL players want to make money too, but at least for me I left the event like I had a good time and gotten my moneys worth. I plan on trying to see more AHL games if I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home