Monday, July 26, 2004

Interesting Tidbits

Well here are my collected interesting tidbits from last week...

1. I was the youngest person trying to help people register by at least 2 decades on Saturday.  We did get some folks to register when I was there.  It was interesting because they all shared why they were registering. 

2. Strazinski (sp?  Babylon 5 creator) is thinking of doing a new Star Trek series, but only if he has sole creative control.  AMEN.  Anything that jetisons Berman and his crew is good in my book.  Speaking of that Berman should not be involved in a new Star Trek movie.  Hasn't that hack done enough to kill the series?  I am not a huge Star Trek fan, but there can be good science fiction there if done right.  We saw that in both Next Gen and DS9, but of late it has been terrible. 

3. I like the idea of the new Batman.  I think Christian Bales is a good fit and I think it will make for a good movie.

4. Terry Gilliam's new film "The Brothers Grimm", should be interesting with both Matt Damon and Heath Ledger playing the lead roles.   I like Gilliam and it should be an interesting take on the writers I hope.

5. House of Representatives passed the Marriage Protection Act, which strips Federal Courts of the right to question the Defense of Marriage Act and prohibits the right to appeal this law in any federal court.   I dont understand how this is more important than anything else that needs to be done.  We still dont have a budget; the Law of the Sea has not been renewed and that is a CRITICAL treaty which every expert says must be done; we still havent funded any more money for the troops we have abandoned in Iraq. 

Those are some random tidbits for the day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home